Auto Insurance

Do You Know The Six Primary Types of Auto Coverage?*

Whether you're buying auto insurance for the first time, or looking to switch your current policy, it's important that you know what you're paying for.

  • Bodily Injury Liability
    If you're held at fault after a car accident, Bodily Injury Liability will cover the payments for medical expenses, as well as rehabilitation or funeral costs for any injured passengers in yours and the other party's vehicle. If an accident in which you are at fault results in legal fees and the settlement of lawsuits, Bodily Injury Liability will also cover these expenses.

  • Property Damage Liability
    If you're held at fault after a car accident, Property Damage Liability will pay for any resulting damage to the other party's property. This includes non-vehicle property that you may have hit, like a friend's garage door, car repairs – both parts and labor, and any property inside the other party's vehicle. Property Damage Liability will cover your legal expenses; however, it will not cover damages to your car or property.

  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP or No-Fault)
    Certain states require drivers to have Personal Injury Protection, so you should speak to your agent about your coverage requirements. Personal Injury Protection coverage is not contingent on either party being at fault, and will cover the majority of medical expenses. This includes hospital, rehabilitation, and any in-home assistance costs. It will also cover lost wages and funeral expenses brought upon you or your passengers.

  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection
    In the event that you are struck by an uninsured driver, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection will cover the medical expenses, rehabilitation, and funeral costs brought upon you and any injured passengers in your car. It also covers the settlement of lawsuits stemming from an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.

  • Collision
    If you're held at fault after an accident, Collision coverage will pay for any damage repairs to your vehicle, up to and including the cost of vehicle replacement. Collision coverage is optional, and a licensed agent can discuss with you the additional cost of this particular coverage type.

  • Comprehensive
    In the event of an unforeseen natural disaster, fire, vandalism, theft, and other covered incidents which are out of your control, Comprehensive coverage will pay for the resulting damage to your vehicle. Like Collision coverage, this is optional and may be added to your policy at an additional fee.

Ready to Get Started with Your Free Quote? Click Here

Want to Know the Basics of Homeowners Insurance? Click Here

*Consult your insurance agent about coverage types and policy details, as descriptions may vary by carrier.